Beef and Broccoli Lo Mein
Recipe adapted from Relish!
- 8 oz. spaghetti - I used linguini
- 1 T. toasted sesame oil
- 1 T. peanut oil - I used canola
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 3 T. ginger, minced
- 1 medium bunch of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 1 lb. flank steak, trimmed of fat and cut into strips - I used sirloin
- 3 T. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 1 T. chili paste - I used Sriracha
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until cooked but still firm to the bite.
- Drain, return to pot and add sesame oil, tossing well to coat.
- While pasta cooks, heat peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the ginger and garlic; sauté 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli and onion; sauté 3 minutes.
- Add steak, and sauté 5 minutes or until done.
- Add pasta mixture, soy sauce, brown sugar and chile paste; cook 1 minute or until lo mein is thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.