In thinking of a decadent treat that is also MOSTLY healthy, I spent a while racking my brain thinking of what to make...until my Mom said "Didn't we see stuffed strawberries somewhere??" Bingo...we did! I searched for a stuffed strawberry recipe and came up with this one. Looked easy? Check! Mostly fruit? Check! Can be put together quickly? Check again!
It really took no time to whip the filling together and piping the filling in with a pastry bag made it really simple. If you don't have a pastry bag, you could definitely use a plastic sandwich bag with a corner snipped off.
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Recipe courtesy of AllRecipes
- 1-2 pints of fresh strawberries
- 1 8 oz. package of softened cream cheese
- 1 tsp. vanilla or orange extract (I used a little of both)
- 1/2 c. confectioners sugar
- Place the softened cream cheese, extract and sugar in a bowl and mix until fluffy.
- Put filling mixture into a pastry bag fit with the star tip and set aside.
- Cut the top/stem off of the strawberries and set them on the flat end, pointing up.
- Slice an X through the strawberry from the tip to the cut end, but not going all the way through (you want to make a sort of pocket for the filling).
- Put the tip of the pastry bag into the strawberry and pipe the filling in.
- Chill and enjoy!